Why Volunteer with the Band?
To ensure a successful season, our organization relies on the commitment of our students, parents, families and the community. This is a great way to bond with your kids, give back to the community, support musicians and guard members, and meet other parents.
Volunteer Signups via SignUp.com
We are now using a great organizational tool to recruit and sign up volunteers called SignUp.com. It allows us to communicate with parents and allows them to view and sign up for specific jobs and time slots for each activity we have listed. We will be asking for volunteers for home football games, tournaments, fundraisers, festivals and more. Sign up or find out more about our current volunteer needs by clicking the button below.
What Do Our Parent Volunteers Do?
Whatever it takes. We scoop ice cream, we drive trucks and vans, we haul gear on and off the field, we take cans and plastic bottles to the recycling center, we tuck hair into shakos, you name it. Below are a few of the volunteer positions that we will need filled most often throughout the year.
- Football Game Assistants -‐ Set up/mark off band area in stands, fill water coolers and squirt bottles and transport music binders to the field for our students. Assist students with uniforms and hair before games.
- Bus Chaperones – Bus chaperones are needed for competitions, parades, and other performances. Chaperones must ride the bus to and from the events with the students. Chaperones must be at least 18 years of age. Only registered chaperones can ride the bus. Please do not bring younger children.
- Costumes/Props – Assist in sewing items needed for uniforms, costumes and flags. Also, assist in the building of needed props.
- Field/Pit Crew – Assist with props and equipment at home football games and competitions.
- Fundraising – Fundraising is our main source of revenue that allows our music program to be viable. Numerous activities are planned. To ensure our program’s success, fundraising events will require some parental involvement and full commitment from every student.
- Uniforms – Assisting the students with quick uniform adjustments and pluming shakos before football games and competitions. Also, removing plumes and storing them after events.
Not Sure Where You Might Fit In? Just Show Up!
We need your help and we’ll put you to work. If you’re not sure how you might contribute, don’t worry. We welcome every bit of help we can get. If you have a special talent, skill, or interest, let us know that, too. Many of our parents have saved the band tons of money thanks to their carpentry, photography, truck driving, business networking, and other skills.