Thank you to all who dropped by for our first parent meeting last Saturday. Your support and input are always greatly appreciated! With all our families working together, we can help our students in propelling our program to the next level.
As was discussed, direct donations and fundraising are an essential part of the continued success of this program. We rely on both equally and cannot have one without the other! We’re asking that everyone participate in the fundraising in addition to committing to the pledge of $400 for the fall 2017 season.
- Month End Donations — If an August donation needs to be made, please do so online on the band website or by dropping the donation into an envelope in our Booster Box. Please consider using your bank’s online bill pay or the Automatic Deduction feature through PayPal to make your donations. This will save time in the future and reminders won’t always be necessary! You can fulfill your pledge by doing so weekly or monthly.
- Sphere Letters — The first Sphere Letter drop is August 31st. Doing so will give your student an extra raffle ticket toward the drawing for the $25 gift card. Our final collection — and to be considered for the drawing — will be on September 8th. What’s a Sphere Letter? Be sure to watch this video.
- Show T-Shirts — If you have not yet ordered your family’s 2017 show t-shirt, you now have until Friday, September 1st to submit your order online. You will not have another opportunity to purchase a shirt for “Shine,” so do so before Friday!
FUNdraising Looking Forward
- Saturday, September 9th – Recycling – Save those plastic and glass bottles and aluminum cans for our first recycling day. Collection will be from 8:45 am – 9:15 am. We do need parents and trucks to help haul our goods to SA Recycling and to sort the collected items. Message me on Facebook or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
- Monday, September 11th – Chipotle Restaurant Night – The TVHS Golden Valley Regiment receives 50% of the proceeds from sales between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm that night. Spread the word, forward the flyer, and bring your friends, neighbors, and family for an evening of band and fun!
- September 25th – October 6th – Butter Braid Fundraiser – This is a popular fundraiser with a great return for the group. More information to follow!
- September 30th – Spirit of the Arts – 5K — Run (or walk) for the band program!
- October/November – Wood Mountain Christmas Tree Pre-Sales — These trees and wreaths are so fresh and gorgeous!
Corporate sponsorships are always welcome. Please contact the TVHS Band Booster Board for more information.
Thank you for your continued generosity and support! Go Bears!
Marifel, a veteran band parent, is this year's ways and means vice president responsible for fundraising. Her oldest daughter marched from 2011 to 2014, serving as Woodwind Captain. Her son, one of this year's drum majors, plays clarinet, baritone, euphonium, and crash cymbals.