Band Camp 2018 – 2019 – Bringer of Joy!
This year’s band camp starts early and is in a split format:
Week 1: June 11 – 15, 2018 from 9:00am to 1:00pmComplete!
- Week 2: July 30 – August 3, 2018 from 9:00am to 5:00pm — We will have a 2-hour lunch break from 12:00 to 2:00pm (this may change). Students may leave the campus. For students remaining on campus during lunch, Mr. Cowee will be present at all times.
This is a mandatory event for ALL marching band students unless prior arrangements have been made with Mr. Cowee. It’s also a lot of fun, and you won’t want to miss it!
Band Camp 2018
Still need to register? Please see the Parent Resources page for paperwork and other important details.
WEEK 1: June 11-15, 2018 9:00am to 1:00pm (times subject to change)
WEEK 2: July 30, to August 3 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Tentative breakdown based on previous years (subject to change):
- 9:00am - 12:00pm: Sectionals
- LUNCH (tentative) from 12:00pm to 2:00pm: Students may bring a sack lunch or go home and return at 2:00pm. Mr. Cowee will remain on campus throughout lunch.
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm: Classroom / lecture
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Sectionals
No camp on Saturday or Sunday
Cost: $100 Suggested Donation
This year, we suggest a band camp donation of $100 per student -- that's just $50 per week and a bargain compared to other sports (ie, Freshmen Football's camp is $300). This is our first major fundraiser of the year, and the funds are needed to pay for our amazing coaches and reserve our spots in the upcoming competitions. The bills are already rolling in.
- 2 weeks of world-class instruction
- A 2018 band camp shirt
- An awesome camp experience
Band camp attendance is required of all marching band and color guard students as it sets the entire regiment up for success.
Wear comfortable athletic clothes, sturdy shoes (NO FLIP FLOPS!), and sunscreen.
Every student is responsible for:
- 1/2 to 1 gallon water jug filled with water: 16-22 ounce water bottles are not enough! Drinking before rehearsal and staying hydrated is key to getting your body and mind to perform for long durations.
- Towels: Big - for your instrument, plus small - to soak to cool down or for sweat.
- Binder: 1-inch 3-ring binder with 25 plastic sheet protectors for music and pencil for music and rehearsal marks.
- Music: Everything handed out so far (Bringer of Joy). Your instrument (and extra reeds, valve oil, etc.)
- Ear protection: I recommend all drummers have Hi-Fidelity ear plugs like Ear-asers or Vic Firth.
- Sun gear: Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen are a MUST! This is not the time to burn or try to get a tan. Those of you with long hair, remember hair ties so it stays out of your face.
- Dress: Staying within TVUSD dress code is expected. Please wear active wear/workout clothing that isn't restrictive of movement.
- Shoes: Athletic shoes only with some arch support and cushion. No skater shoes (DC, Vans) or sandals!
- Food: You get out what you put in! Everything should be eating a good balanced breakfast (Eggos, Cocoa Puffs, and Pop Tarts, though delicious, are not substantial enough) and bring a healthy snack.
- A GREAT ATTITUDE! Be ready to do your best, learn something new, and have patience with yourself and others!
During band camp, you'll work hard learning the fall show. This is a rigorous 2-week program that sets up the Golden Valley Regiment for a successful season. You won't want to miss it!
Plus, it's a lot of fun.
Student Business Days and Uniform Fittings:
Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors arrive for your business day on the designated date and time. After completing your school business, head to the band STORAGE room for your uniform fitting.
Seniors, please stop by the band storage room on August 7, 8, or 9 during school business hours for your fittings.
School Business Days will take place this August 7-10, 2018 on the following days from 7:40am until 12 Noon:
- August 7 -- Juniors
- August 8 -- Sophomores
- August 9 -- Freshmen
According to TVHS, business days times are:
7:40 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Last Name Beginning A to Ba
8:00 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. Last Name Beginning Be to Ca
8:20 a.m. to 8:40 a.m. Last Name Beginning Ce to Cu
8:40 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Last Name Beginning Da to Fi
9:00 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. Last Name Beginning Fl to Gu
9:20 a.m. to 9:40 a.m. Last Name Beginning Ha to Ja
9:40 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Last Name Beginning Je to Ly
10:00 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. Last Name Beginning Ma to Me
10:20 a.m. to 10:40 a.m. Last Name Beginning Mi to O
10:40 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Last Name Beginning Pa to Q
11:00 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. Last Name Beginning Ra to Ro
11:20 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. Last Name Beginning Ru to Sm
11:40 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Last Name Beginning Sn to Z
Doors will close promptly at 12:00 noon.
We Need YOU! We also need you to attend band camp!
It’s a great time and you’ll learn a ton about marching, music, and high school band life. Check out our freshmen flyer and please plan on attending. If you want to march as a freshmen, you NEED to attend band camp.
We’ll see you there!
Week 1Covers the First Week
- Easy partial donation
- Covers the first week of band camp
- Affordable option
Full DonationCover Both Weeks
- One donation
- Covers 2 weeks of band camp
- Convenient and easy
Week 2Covers the Second Week
- Easy partial donation
- Covers the second week of band camp
- Affordable option