Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association
We have two seasons each school year, Marching season and Concert season. In the fall, we march and participate in field tournaments. In the spring, we transition into concert season and host one of the Band & Orchestra SCSBOA festivals.
Learn more about the SCSBOA events for each season by clicking the links below:
What exactly does SCSBOA mean?
Who better to answer what SCSBOA is all about than SCSBOA themselves. From the Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association website:
We believe that aesthetic education through instrumental music performance is essential to the school curriculum. Our mission is to provide educational leadership to the membership of the Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association. To fulfill our mission, we provide opportunities for professional growth through developmental resources. These resources include: conferences, clinics, publications, performance evaluation, association with institutions of higher learning and interaction with professional musicians.
We provide enrichment opportunities which present outstanding student musicians as models for all instrumental programs. We also provide resources to assist with the development and/or evaluation of curriculum should it be requested by a school or district.
- SCSBOA sponsors band, orchestra, solo and ensemble, district and regional festivals.
- We select and train approved adjudicators for band, orchestra, solo and ensemble festivals and for parade and field event competitions.
- SCSBOA maintains a continuing program to evaluate and update the adjudication forms being used for band, and orchestra festivals and competitions.
- We sponsor clinics and workshops for in-service training of teachers of instrumental music.
- SCSBOA sponsors the All-Southern California High School Honor Groups, the All-Southern California Middle School Honor Groups, and the All-Southern California Honor Jazz Ensembles.